Pages

Monday, 13 June 2011

It's a ruggie kind of day

I thought today was going to be a very productive day for market sewing, It's my husband's last day at home before heading back north and I was trying to be sneaky and leave the two youngest rugrats with him so I could sew. I should have know better. Anyway when I finally got into my sewing room I couldn't stand to sew another denim skirt, so I decided I would make a rug for a friends new baby. I call these rugs that I make abstract quilting, because there is no pattern or style to each rug they just happen. I find the material (not always matching) that I think the recipient will like and I add a bit of chenille and go for it. They are never usually straight but people seem to just love them. All my 3 children have one each and willow at 7 yrs old still loves hers very much and plays with it daily. You should hear the arguments if one child is playing with the others rug. I have some photos on my FB page of the various rugs I have made and sold, but here is the one from today.

2 comments: